Just because you’re avoiding sugar doesn’t mean you have to give up treats entirely. Here’s a delicious version of candied pecans for snacking and gifting during this holiday season.
- 2 1/2 cups Pecan halves
- 1/2 cup Granular Sweetener (like Swerve)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Line a 9×13 sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, blend the pecan halves and egg white.
- In another large bowl, mixthe sweetener, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in the pecan halves and the egg white and stir to coat the pecans.
- Lay the pecans out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- They’re done with they’re brown and crunchy.