If you are looking to have an awesome day, start with your morning. The best part is there is no right or wrong way to do it. The goal is to figure out what you need in order to have your best day. Below you’ll find many ideas on how to use your morning to set your day up for success. We recommend picking one or two to start. Try it out for one month. Then, pick another. Some will take more time than others so choose what works for you! You can also modify as needed. Check out some suggestions below. You can play around with them as you please!
- Wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual – You’ll find that those 20 minutes can give you more peace of mind and allow you to get your day started more steadily, rather than rushing around.
- Make your bed – This is the first thing you can do to be accomplished for the day. There is a sense of satisfaction and productivity that comes with it. Plus, it always feels good to come home at the end of the day to a nicely made bed!
- Brush your teeth – Your body has been detoxing all night. Brushing your teeth first thing helps to rid of those accumulations of toxins and start you off with a fresh palate.
- Have a big cup of lemon water – Warm up water on the stove. Add in a squeeze of lemon and drink up! Lemon water helps to aid in flushing your body of the toxins it was working on getting rid of while you were sleeping.
- Head outside for a walk – Getting your body moving first thing will boost your metabolism for the rest of the day. It’s also a great feeling taking in the fresh morning air. Try out 10 minutes to start.
- Take a warm bath – If you have the time, this is a great way to also aid in the flushing of toxins from your body from the previous night. Bathe for about 10 minutes. Add in a cup of Epsom salt and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil if you have. Make sure to drink lots of water after to replenish.
- Sun salutations – This simple yoga sequence is a great way to warm up your body for the day. Check out this link to learn how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9DIBgiZ1o
- Exercise – Exercising in the morning doesn’t need to take a long time. A 10 or 15 minute workout is a great way to start your day. If you have more time and want to try it, work out for longer. If you belong to a gym, you’ll find that the energy at the gym is great in the morning. Everyone is up and ready to go. It can be contagious!
- Make yourself a green juice – If you have a juicer then try this one out! After your lemon water, juice some green veggies to give your body nourishment. You can juice four stalks of celery, ½ cucumber, one small apple, one small lemon with peel, and one small piece of ginger.
- Meditation – This is a great way to get quiet and calm and prepared for anything that will come your way during the day. If you’re not sure where to start, check out the app Headspace for guided meditation. Pick any amount of time that works for you.
- Journal – You can write about anything! Maybe you want to set your intentions and goals for the day. Maybe you need to get something off our chest, or maybe you’re feeling creative and just need to write freely. Set a timer for five minutes and see what you put down!
- Listen to your body – What do you need to make this day a good one?
It’s important to remember that sometimes it’s hard to protect your morning. There may be days where you miss your 10 minute walk or 5 minute stretching session. It’s okay. What’s more important is the longer term practice and commitment to yourself and your day, not just the one day you missed.